Dive Management & Planning
We’ve pulled together this section of resources to help support dive management, planning and logging activities.
- Subsurface is a free dive logging app (includes a deco planner). Uploads from most dive computers are supported.
- Dive Management Slate (PDF format)
- Dive Management Slate (Word Format)
- Capernwray Dive Map with bearings
- Eight Acre Lake map bearings, and the Eight Acre Lake map
- Ellerton Park map with bearings
- UK Tide Tables (5 day)
- Finstrokes – encyclopaedic knowledge-base of UK dive sites
Paul’s Wreck Resources
- Kingfisher Wreck Charts
- Flamborough Head Chart
- Book References
- Wreck Tour – the Albanian
- Wreck Appreciation – Session #1
This section provides the links to Rob’s Underwater Photography Color Correction Workshops, and his PDF guide on the best underwater settings for your GoPro (for UK waters!)
- Adjusting Colour Balance in Underwater Photos with GIMP
- Video Processing Workshop Part 1 – Basic colour correction with Shotcut
- Video Processing Workshop Part 2 – Advanced editing with Shotcut
- The GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP)
- The Shotcut Video Editor
- Rob’s Underwater Video Guide
This section contains a few technical tips and tricks – remember to get hold of the clubs “Save-a-Dive” kit containing all of the common tools and spares that you’d ever need.
- YouTube instructional video on how to attach a DSMB to a reel
- YouTube instructional video on how to attach a DSMB to a finger spool
- Alec Pierce Scuba 2000 Youtube channel
- Knots! Make sure you know how to tie a clove hitch, bowline and figure of eight.
- How to tie a Regulator Necklace – for you twinset and pony cylinder divers
- How to replace your Suunto Battery – make sure the battery is a CR2450-N (the ‘N’ is important!)
- How to replace your Suunto Tank Pod Transmitter Battery
- A bit of compass navigation
This section contains links to a few other general background resources for divers.